Accessing shared folder created on 2003 server asking for credentials on windows 2008 R2 server

Hello All,

I am very confused with one of the issue I am dealing with and now I am running out with the ideas so now I need your help to troubleshoot that issue.

Issue is that I have a single forest but two domains. Both domains have two way trusts etc. I have shared some folders in domain A on windows 2003 server which is perfectly fine on accessing on windows 2003 server on domain B and not asking any credentials but same folders I am trying to access is asking for credentials on windows 2008 r2 server.

Interesting thing is when I have shared a folder on windows 2008 r2 server its accessing fine on both domains vise versa and on even accessing fine in windows 2003 servers with no credentials requirement.

So I know for fact that trust relationship of domains and all that are fine.

What confusing me is that why shared folder on Domain A windows 2003 Server is asking for credentials on Domain B windows 2008 r2 server?

Please can anyone help on this matter as this is very important and one of the P2 at this moment due to this issue.

Many Thanks

April 27th, 2015 9:01am

Is there no one who have faced this issue before?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 28th, 2015 3:47am

Hi,

Do you have the same user account to access the shared folder? The issue could due to different versions of SMB.

Please refer to the thread below to troubleshoot the issue.

Shared Drive keep asking Password !!
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/82bd137b-8022-47fe-be40-bcf6bc728b6c/shared-drive-keep-asking-password-?forum=w7itpronetworking

Best Regards,

Mandy
April 28th, 2015 10:50pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics