Accessing schema from orchestration

I am working on an orchestration that is a version of the aggregator pattern. In my exception block I am adding thrown errors to my MesageToSuspend enumerator. In the SDK sample it shows the following line in the expression editor:

MessageToSuspend(Aggregator.PipelinesAndSchemas.PropertySchema.ErrorDescription) = "Send pipeline execution failed " +
                                            "while assembling outbound batch that included this message.\r\n" +
                                            "Error details: " + pEx.Message;

Well, I too have a Property schema named PropertySchema that has an ErrorDescription field. However, I am unable to access this property because when I type in ([Solution Name].[Project name].PropertySchema.ErrorDescription), I get an error. In other words, it seems as though my orchestration isn't seeing my PropertySchema schema or its project, even though I have it referenced. 

Any ideas?

Thanks.

G

July 31st, 2013 2:51pm

What error you are getting?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 31st, 2013 2:58pm

One thing you can check is if "Property Schema Base" for ErrorDescription is set to MessageContextPropertyBase as shown in the screen shot below:

July 31st, 2013 3:14pm

I'm getting the red squiggly line underneath "HS837P_Incoming_Process" in the following statement:

HS837P_Incoming_Process.HS837P_Schemas.PropertySchema.ErrorDescription

basically telling me that it is not seeing the object. HS837P_Incoming_Process is the name of my Visual Studio solution.

July 31st, 2013 3:15pm

Can you rename your Property Schema to something more localized?

It's very common to use short namespaces (outside out the project scope) for Properties to mimic the naming pattern of the build in properties.   So you could have something like MYAPP.ErrorDescription.

I'm referring the the .Net namespace of the Property Schema.

July 31st, 2013 3:18pm

I deleted the old PropertySchema and built a new one named ErrorPropertySchema. Also, I made sure that the Property Schema Base for the ErrorDescription node is set correctly. I'm still seeing the error.
July 31st, 2013 3:29pm

This is how the object shows up in the SDK example. There is nothing showing up for me in the list that represents my solution. I'm just wondering what I need to do in order to expose my schema so that I can reference here.

July 31st, 2013 3:38pm

Do you have same solution setup as Aggregator sample in SDK ?

Aggregator (Solution)
             Aggregate (Project)
             PipelineAndSchemas (Project)

with your propertyschema in one project and orchestration in other?

If this is the case, I would recommend to build project having property schema and then see if you can access context property

July 31st, 2013 3:40pm

My solution structure looks like this:

HS837P_Incoming_Process (Solution)

HS837P_Orchestrations (Project)

HS837P_Pipeline (Project)

HS837P_Schemas (Project)

I've built the Schema project several times and it doesn't seem to help.

July 31st, 2013 3:48pm

It may sound stupid, but are you referencing HS837P_Schemas in HS837P_Orchestrations ?

July 31st, 2013 4:02pm

not a stupid question at all as I'm sure I've made a mistake like that a few times :) However, this time I am correctly referencing the schema project from the orch project.

I found this article:

http://blog.tallan.com/2010/04/15/biztalk-property-schemas-in-different-namespaces/

I deleted my property schema from the schema project and created it in the Orchestrations project and I can now see the property:

I'm just wondering how it is working in the SDK sample.

Thanks for your input folks.

G

July 31st, 2013 4:07pm

Can you remove HS837P_Schemas reference from HS837P_Orchestrations and add it back again as Project Reference ? and see if this resolves the problem ?

Something does look right in your solution, because I have tried it in a sample solution + project and I am able to see promoted property. Something is not right on your project setup May be you can try to change reference types and see if it works

July 31st, 2013 4:32pm

That's how I have been referencing it, as a project reference.
July 31st, 2013 5:07pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics