Accessing XenDesktop from External Source

I have a Netscaler, Storefront, and XenDesktop 7.6 infrastructure on my Internal Network. Everything Internal to my domain is working fine. I can connect to the Netscaler and launch a XenDesktop, and I can connect to the Storefront Web and launch a XenDesktop with no issues.

My problem is when external users try to launch a XenDesktop session. The Netscaler login is displayed, login with an authenticated user is completed and the published desktop is available. When clicking on the desktop, the Receiver Desktop viewer opens as if the desktop is connecting, however it just displays the spinning animation and Connecting.... It never connects. I have let it sit like this for 10-15 minutes.

I have a TMG 2010 as my primary firewall. I have not switched or migrated to a nestler yet because the TMG is working flawlessly. I have a publishing rule for the Netscaler, with SSL certificate. I am not seeing anything specific in the TMG logs that appear to be denying the XenDesktop session, yet it will not launch. It just hangs.

Can anyone shed any light on the situation? What I should check? All traffic should be over 443 correct; all the Citrix communication is happening between the Netscaler and the DDC etc. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

SK

January 30th, 2015 4:43am

Hi,

You could use Network Monitor to analyze why it hangs.

Best Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 2nd, 2015 12:55am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics