Accessing Adhoc Report in Cross Domain

Hi,

Scenario:

I am using the report manager to create adhoc report in cross domain. (Report server is installed on another domain and client is using from their domain). Using the windows authontication to autorised user.

Problem:

i am not able to connect with sql server While opening the report builder and creating the report. when I tries to connect with sql database which is in same domain where reporting server installed through creating the Data Source i failed. In fact i am able to connect with sql server from same machine.

Can any one Please help?

Thanks

Nijendra

June 19th, 2015 12:28am

Hi Nijendra,

What is the error you are getting?

This could be a double hop issue in Kerberos. Please check there are SPN'S set in place for the Service Account that the SQL Server is running under. Also trust the Service Account for delegation @ Active Directory.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Bhanu

• Edited by bhanu_nz 2 hours 31 minutes ago
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 19th, 2015 12:43am

Might be it help you..

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/psssql/archive/2014/06/26/getting-cross-domain-kerberos-and-delegation-working-with-ssis-package.aspx

June 19th, 2015 12:49am

Hi Bhanu,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I am able to open the Report builder to create adhoc reports. while creating report when I am providing the connection information to my datasource its show test connection successful but while moving next from their its shows error to not able to find sql server.As shown in Image below.

while creating data source

After providing connection information if shows below screen which again asking to click on "Test Connection" but on click of test connection button its shows the error.

after providing connection information

"Error"

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Hope you understand. Although I am able to connect with sql server from same machine using same credential through sql server management studio.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 19th, 2015 1:49am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics