Access to only one folder among 10 folder on home page of report server

Hi,

I want to give the permission to a user to view only one folder among 10 folders on Home page. I don't want that user to view other folder than his/Her Own folder on report server home page.

I went through the below URL but it didn't help.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlforum/archive/2011/01/03/walkthrough-restrict-the-users-to-see-only-their-folders-via-reporting-services-web-services.aspx

Thanks,

Ashish Tr

September 10th, 2015 2:04am

Hi Ashu,

It's normally easiest to assign permissions at the folder level.  Since permissions inherit by default, using separate folders would allow you to add more reports later, and permissions would be assigned, just by putting them in the right folder.

That being said, assigning permissions for Folders and Reports works the same way.

1. Open the Folder or Report.

2. Go to the Properties Tab.

3. Click Security on the Left Menu.

4. Click "New Role Assignment" (If Permissions are still being inherited, you will need to click "Edit Item Security" first.)

5. Enter the User Name and put them in the Browser Role.

Note: Both users will also need to have Browse Level permissions on the Root Directory, or they won't be able to see the folders that they have permissions on.  In my environment, pretty much all Domain Users have Browse Access on the root directory, but only Folders and Reports that they can use, show up.

Note : If the user is a Local Administrator on the SSRS server.  By default they will be able to see everything.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 2:30am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics