Access on shared drives with DFSR
Hi, Yes. When both sites are up and running users connect to the server on that site. Referral settings are default one (Lowest cost). Every DFSR hosting server is Namespace server, as well. I see a eventID (1206 in Windows 2003R2, I'm not close to Windows 2008 to look for the eventID number) saying that DFS Replication service is trying to contact a DC in the other site to access configuration information, and since link is down, it cannot connect. I'm thinking this is cause of the problem, and I don't know why it doesn't check to itself (in this case this server is DC, DFSR Namespace).
January 21st, 2012 9:15am

Hi, We have a configuration where user's data are replicated by DFSR. I have noticed that when we loose connection to a site for several hours, users are unable to connect to their shared drives on the server in their site. DSFR configuration is saved on all servers. The server in that site is DC, as well. Thank you
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 21st, 2012 4:27pm

Hi, You mean users are in site1. After loose connection to site2 for several hours, users will lose the ability to access their share? Please check the target users are accessing when both server targets working fine. Users should always accessing the in-site target until it out of service. Have a look on the referral settings to see if configurations are fine.TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
January 22nd, 2012 4:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics