Access for people that aren't on our network
Hi All,I'm trying to come up with a way to allow outside users (who don't currently have an account on our network) access to a site that is on an internal server. Basically, this server is a 2003 server. They would access the path via a browser...http://server/folder. They want to VPN in and access this site...obviously I don't want them to have all the same permissions/access that our actual users have. This server is internal...not in a DMZ or outside. This may be a cisco question (because that's what we use as our VPN/firewall). The server doesn't have it's own external IP...we use PAT.Any ideas?
March 12th, 2009 2:10am

Windows Server 2003 has in built-in vpn capabiliteis. You can take a look at Routing and Remote Access, the most secure VPN is L2TP VPN, which uses ipsec.See here for more information:Routing and Remote AccessAlso ISA Server 2006 has built in VPN.If you choose you choose for ISA Server 2006 keep in mind that you need to install additional software, which also needs to be managed.See here for more information:VPN Concepts in ISA Server 2006
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 12th, 2009 4:29am

Thanks for your answer! I ended up using our firewall to allow a particular IP address access to an external IP address to that particular server.
March 18th, 2009 1:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics