Access denied when trying to install software
I am trying to install software on my Windows 2008 Std Server, and everytime that i do I am getting an access is denied when the install tries to start?? Any idea's why? This server has been fine until now - this is the same for different software also?? Help p
April 19th, 2010 6:54pm

Are you logged on as an administrator or and account with priv to install?Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 19th, 2010 7:43pm

Hi, The information you provided is not enough for our further research. Please help me to collect the following information: 1. Is your Windows Server 2008 a 32bit or 64bit version? 2. What’s the user account you used? 3. Did you get the same issue if you install the software on other computers? 4. Have you tried to install other software on the problematic Windows Server 2008 computer? 5. Is the software compatible with Windows Server 2008? 6. Have you tried to right click on the software and then select “Run as administrator”, did you get the same issue? By the way, if possible, please provide the download link of the software. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
April 20th, 2010 9:51am

Sorry folks... Yes i am logged on as an admin. Also Vincent.. 1. Is your Windows Server 2008 a 32bit or 64bit version? 32bit 2. What’s the user account you used? Top level domain admin 3. Did you get the same issue if you install the software on other computers? No 4. Have you tried to install other software on the problematic Windows Server 2008 computer? Yes, same results 5. Is the software compatible with Windows Server 2008? Yes very much so 6. Have you tried to right click on the software and then select “Run as administrator”, did you get the same issue? Yes Thanks Pete
April 20th, 2010 12:57pm

Hi, Have you tried to reboot the computer and then test? By the way, please boot the computer into Safe Mode to test. Please also check whether there are any errors in Event Viewer. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
April 21st, 2010 10:38am

Hi Thanks for the responses, I am actually talking now to MS support to try to resolve this thing. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon enough. Thanks for all your submissions Pete
May 12th, 2010 11:47am

Hi, Hope your issue will be resolved soon! Best Regards, Vincent Hu
May 12th, 2010 11:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics