Access denied when double click to execute .bat file on Windows Server 2003
Hello. I am logged in via remote desktop to a Windows Server 2003 using my account which is a member of the Domain Admins group as well as this particular servers Admin group. I have created a large number of .bat files to handle some of the tasks I do on a regular basis. I have never had a problem just navigating to these in Windows Explorer and double clicking these to run them until a few months ago when I suddenly started getting Access Denied messages. I'm not sure what changed. If I drag the .bat file to a command window it executes but this is extra steps that are tedious. Any ideas?
December 28th, 2010 3:42pm

Have you checked your anti virus client settings? They may be blocking .bat files run through windows explorer.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 28th, 2010 4:03pm

Hi, Have a look on following article: "Access is denied" error message when you run a batch job on a Windows Server 2003-based computer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/867466Shaon Shan |TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
December 30th, 2010 4:15am

Did you copied the file from another system? If so check the properties and see if you can unblock the file
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 30th, 2010 4:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics