Access denied on usb external DVD rom
Hi there, This problem only happen to one of my Windows Server 2008 R2. OS can detect the dvd rom but whenever I tried to access my Dell DVD contain, below error prompt: --------------------------------------- Location is not available F:\is not accessible Access is denied --------------------------------------- I am logging in using domain administrator. Please advice, thank you.
March 15th, 2011 4:28am

Hi there, Please try to take ownership of F: by using the following steps: 1. Please navigate to "Computer". 2. Right-click on the drive E and choose Properties. 3. Click the "Security" tab and see if your current user is listed in the "Group or user names" list. If not, please click the Add button, type the name of your current user in the "Enter the object names to select " box, then click "OK" to add this group. 4. Select the user from the list and then check the "Allow" checkbox next to "Full Control". 5. Click the Advanced button and click the "Owner" tab. Then, press "Edit" button. 6. Select current user from the list and check the "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" checkbox. 7. Click "OK" to save changes and wait for Windows Vista to transfer the ownership of all the objects on the partition. 8. Click OK again to save changes and exit the Properties window. If this doesn't help, you can try this: In Control Panel, open 'Administrative Tools', 'Computer Management', 'Disk Management', then in the lower right-hand scroll down box, scroll to the F drive, right click on it and then open 'Change Drive Letter and Paths. Then just left click on the drive letter in the upper box and 'OK' and close out of the Admin Tools, go to your USB device and it should now 'OPEN' normally. Also try to uninstall and reinstall of the device from device manager. If not, you can try an online virus scan: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm Hope it helps. ScorpioTechNet Software Assurance Managed Newsgroup | MCTS: Windows Vista | Exchange Server 2007 MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician | Server & Enterprise Administrator | Solution Architect
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 15th, 2011 4:34am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics