Access denied. Contact your administrator.
I suddenly can not access all the files that I just saved under my documents folder from my laptop (windows 7). I have a domain with windows 2003 servers, and on my laptop I have two users: userA in the domain, but the userB not. userA has roaming folder "My Documents" located on a file server. and userB has "Documents" folder on my laptop. I use userA to work with domain, and use userB for some personal work. If I access any of my files under "My Documents" from any of domain servers or workstations, I can access them without any issue. (BTW, userA is a domain Administrator with FULL CONTROL permission on all the folders on the file server.) But when I try to use userA to open a file that userA just created under "My Documents", userA gets a message saying "Access denied. Contact your administrator.". Same to userB, userB can create a new file under "Documents" folder, but can not access right after the file been created. Right a few days ago, everything was working normally. and I don't remember in this few days I've ever done any windows updates yet. Could this be a virus problem? I've used windows security essiential 2011 latest version full scaned the laptop by which killed one thing called TrojanDownloader:Win32/Delf" Any solution I can take to get my files reaccessable? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
July 7th, 2011 11:41am

Hi, I would like to suggest you double check the file permission settings. If the issue persists, would you please run the following command and post the output here? Cacls {file path} Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 8th, 2011 4:11am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics