Access Web App link to Sharepoint list fails

Synopsis:

Link to sharepoint list data source into Access 2013 web app fails: "an error occurred in the client while attempting to communicate with the server"

Narrative:

I am not a developer and would best describe myself as a power user.  I wish to build an Access Web App database on the same site using data links to some SharePoint lists. I am starting with a simple two column table and a brand new Access App. When linking receive error message when attempting to link data into Access App.  "an error occurred in the client while attempting to communicate with the server". I can locate the list in the Get External Data popup. I check off the list and after a few moments the error occurs.

Thanks in advance.

August 24th, 2015 10:34am

Hi Carl,

I think since the security models in Access in SharePoint are different there is no handshake occurring. Thing is the proper design is to have the MS Access tables reside in SQL Server via O365 then it becomes possible to render them in SP.

See more on this design approach here: http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/microsoft-access-2013-a-cool-new-rapid-development-tool-for-the-cloud/

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 1st, 2015 3:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics