Access Denied by security policy
Hello, I have just setup my first Windows Server 2008 I encountered the following funny situation: If I assigned an static IP address to the server, I will get the following error whenever I go to an website on the Internet (www.yahoo.com, www.microsoft.com..) Access Denied by security policy The security policy for your network prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your administrator if you feel this is incorrect. However, I do not problem when I try to access any local sites on my network. Also, if I switch to use DHCP, then I can get to any site without any problems. Have any one encountered similar issues?Any suggestions are appreciated Thanks David Chan
March 6th, 2008 4:33am

I have a number of questions: Is the IP address within the scope of the DHCP address that you are using, or is it on a different subnet? What isyour DHCP server handing down in addition to an IP address (same DNS server that you are using? Same WINS? DNS Suffixes? etc) Are you using a Proxy server? Do youhave NAP (or an equivalent onthe network)? Let me know what you find,
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 6th, 2008 6:40pm

Hello Aaron, It turns out to be my firewall is running out of host license. When I clear the host table cache, it works now. Thanks David
March 29th, 2008 8:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics