About the hotfix File 1 entries
Hello, I only have access to the systeminfo command results previously captured of a win 2003 and I see a lot of "[<number>]: File 1" entries. [01]: File 1 [02]: File 1 ... [n]: File 1 Questions: 1- Can I ignore those and be sure that the KB<number> entries are all the hotfixes installed? 2- Or those are actually installed patches which I cannot see their KB number? 3- What would be the best way to print all the hotfixes installed in the system then? I just cannot find any information about this so far!
August 12th, 2011 7:23am

As for the first question you've asked, I have no idea what you are talking about. As for the second question you asked, about wanting to see what hotfixes are installed, I like using the WMIC to do that. Here is how you can do it: Open a command prompt and type the following (you actually probably don't need to do this part, but I am just making sure that you are on your userprofile at the cmd prompt): cd %userprofile% press ENTER and then type: wmic qfe list full /format:htable > hotfixes.htm Then, type the following: start iexplore %userprofile%\hotfixes.htm Should be a big list, I am looking at 58 lines on my Windows 7 computer, so enjoy! :-)
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 12th, 2011 9:26pm

Well, I think it was the systeminfo command that was used, anyway, what I have is a text file where it contains many hotfixes named KB<number> but at the begining of the Hotfix list there are multiple entries for "File 1" and I don't know what those mean. Does anybody know? There are many patches missing from the list. Could those be referred for some reason as "File 1" or can I consider that they are missing? Logon Server: \\W035 Hotfix(s): 377 Hotfix(s) Installed. [01]: File 1 [02]: File 1 [03]: File 1 [04]: File 1 [05]: File 1 [06]: File 1 [07]: File 1 [08]: File 1 [09]: File 1 [10]: File 1 [11]: File 1 [12]: File 1 [13]: File 1 [14]: File 1 [15]: File 1 [16]: File 1 [17]: KB2538814 [18]: KB2514842 and so on...
August 13th, 2011 6:38am

Hi, Please try Kurt’s suggestion. The exported hotfixes.htm file will display the hotfix ID for File 1 in the ServicePackInEffect column. Regards, Bruce
August 15th, 2011 6:06am

Yeah, as Bruce replied, please, try my suggestion? I get the same list when I try either systeminfo or WMIC. So, let us know if that solves your issue or if you are still getting blanks. Thank you!
August 15th, 2011 4:04pm

Hello, Yes it works. The "File 1" entries are actually KBnumbers. Thanks!
August 16th, 2011 5:50am

Thanks for your update. Have a nice day! Regards, Bruce
August 16th, 2011 6:34am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics