About Windows Server MultiPoint
Please, I want to know how Windows Server Multipoint manage Hardware resources "Processor + Memory" Between diffreent stations. And also, if i could control these resouces or not. Thanks in advance. Lobna
April 29th, 2010 3:37pm

Hello, as far as i know Windows Multipoint server is based on Windows server 2008 R2 Remote desktop services you can see it as a Terminal server solution and the same requirements are there. As better the hardware as much users are able to use it, depending on your licensing.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 29th, 2010 4:02pm

Hi, Thanks for the post. Windows MultiPoint Server, based off Windows Server 2008 R2, is designed to enable multiple people (students) to share access to a single host PC through a “station” simultaneously. A station is a device that connects to a host PC running Windows MultiPoint Server via USB and connects to a keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Windows MultiPoint Server shares out an “instance” of Windows to a specific station via Remote Desktop Services (formerly known as Terminal Services) technology built in to Windows Server 2008 R2. If you have 1 host PC with Windows MultiPoint Server, you can support up to 10 people connecting to it and using it at the same time (hardware permitting of course). Each person independently controls familiar Windows experience. For more information, please check the Windows MultiPoint Server website: http://www.microsoft.com/multipoint/ Hope this helps.
April 30th, 2010 6:14am

Thanks for reply, now, i understand that multipoint based on windows server 2008 R2, but, if there is any way to control the resources asscoited with each session??Lobna
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 2nd, 2010 11:10am

Hello, i assume that you can use the task manager to set processor affinity but that's it. The server itself will take care about it's performace according to the configuration under Avaced system settings, system properties, Performance options.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
May 3rd, 2010 2:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics