About User Creation
I am using windows server 2008. And that server is connected with 78 machines. Now I wna to create 250 users to use the server. Already created the users, they can login in with thier names, after logging with these names, a virual drive can exist. they can save all their in their virrual drives.For this I am creating one home folder named as users under E drive and it is shared and everyone to access.After this I create users and under profile ->connect->\\server1\users\%username%The problem is every user can acces their folder from run->server1\users\How to solve this problemgive me a solution
October 9th, 2009 1:11pm

Hi, So you mean users can see each others folder and browse them? Most probably the problem is on the top level folder, on your E drive yuou have folder called Users, check NTFS permissions for that folder and see who and what permissions has. Permissions from your E:/Users folder are inherited to the folders inside E:/Users
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 9th, 2009 1:26pm

Hi, Please refer to the following article to configure Home Folder: Automatic creation of user folders for home, roaming profile and redirected folders http://blogs.technet.com/askds/archive/2008/06/30/automatic-creation-of-user-folders-for-home-roaming-profile-and-redirected-folders.aspx Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
October 14th, 2009 11:46am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics