Able to write to a RODC Server 2008 r2
Greetings, I am teaching Server 2008 R2 - one of my students tonight was able to create an RODC, the proceed to add users on the RODC and have those users replicated to Active Directory on the RWDC. On the writable domain controller, the RODC is showing up as in the Domain Controllers organizational unit with the DC type of Read-only, GC. I am confused. Can you help me? We are using VMware. Thanks
September 23rd, 2011 5:01am

That´s because the RODC is able to contact a DC and the DC is the one who realy create the object! After that, the object is replicated to the RODC. If you disconect RODC from the DC, you will be able to create a object in the DC but in the RODC you will be gived a error message saying that a DC can not be contacted. Hope it helps Esteban
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 25th, 2011 2:44am

Hello, there is no way to write to an RODC. What you see is the referral mechanism. If you create a user account the RODC will forward this to a writable DC and then with the replication it will show up on the RODC again. This might look for you as the RODC is able to be used to add new objects.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
September 25th, 2011 4:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics