A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' exceeded time limits during start up.
We are using Windows 2003 SP2 and IIS 6.0 to play media files in IVR application. We have started receiving this error "A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' exceeded time limits during start up." on server due to which it gets unresponsive and has to be reboot through power button. Please help out!
April 19th, 2010 4:49am

Have you been able to find a fix? I have a Windows 2003 SBS server running as a VM under VMWare which has started to have the same problem. It has occured 3 times in the past 4 weeks. Prior to this it was working OK for several years. Today I discovered that it wasn't completely non-responsive, but just running very (very) slow. It is running non-public websites and exchange. The websites would not load, but email was flowing very slowly, and people could access their mailboxes, again with very slow response. I sent a reboot command from VMWare and after about an hour I could see from the console that it was in fact starting to chut down. The shutdown process took appox 4 hours (!) and then it rebooted fine. There is nothing helpful in the event logs other than many entries indicating timeouts for various services. I suspect a bug in one of the normal updates which was applied approximately a month ago. Any ideas?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 28th, 2011 10:58pm

I have the same issue with my Frontend Exchange 2003 server that is running OWA. Anyone have any ideas? Not much I can find on Google.
June 28th, 2011 7:30pm

I am having the same exact issue on two of my web servers. Has anyone found the fix to this?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 2nd, 2011 4:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics