A problem with DNS
Hi Mohammed, glad to see you figured it out and thank you for posting back. Thanks ZHANG
February 21st, 2012 8:50am

Hi every body May i ask a question related to DNS? when i tried to open DNS consol appear to me this error message ? what this mean? In same time i tried to restart all services .
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 22nd, 2012 4:08am

Hello Mohammed, Well, the error is quite straight forward, it means that the DNS console that you opened was unable to connect to the DNS service running on one of the servers you have listed in the console, in this case the server called MAS-SERVER. This could be due to several reasons, most likely (for me at least) is that when the server was added to the console there was a typo (for example MS-Server instead of MAS-Server), or the server was removed from the network, or the DNS service is no running, or the server is no really (or no longer) a DNS server, or there is a connectivity issue, or a firewall, or security. As you can see, there are a few possible reasons why you are getting this error, but they all have the same effect of blocking the mmc console from connecting to the administrative part of the DNS service and the mmc will give us this same error. ----------------- Best Regards, Marianok Disclaimer: While I do my best to make sure everything I post is accurate and safe, Im certainly not perfect so all this information is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. Any suggested steps or code provided should be done under your own risk, I take no responsibilities if your system blows, the universe stops spinning, o nor for any other adverse consequence the information on this code might cause directly or indirectly.
February 22nd, 2012 5:20am

Can you ping the server by the name? Can you do a reverse lookup on "ping -a MAS-SERVER"? Is it possible to RDP to that server and administer DNS locally?Website: www.danielclasson.com | LinkedIn: Daniel Classon
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 22nd, 2012 5:39am

ya, Thanks all . I tried againg with services and i can manage DNS console and every thing is Ok. Thanks to all .
February 22nd, 2012 5:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics