A problem in Connection Manager Administration kit in Windows Server 2003
Hi all; Suppose I have created a connection profile by using “Connection Manager Administration kit” in Windows Server 2003. I give the created profile to a user and he/she installs that profile to create a VPN connection that he/she can use to connect to the organization network… Now I decide to change the IP address of the VPN connection of the profile. I open the .cms file of the profile and edit the “TunnelAddress” section… Then I give the edited profile to the same users and want them to install it on their computers… My problem is, although they have installed the new and edited profile, when they execute the connection, it dials the previous IP address! I have tested this situation, with same result, if I first remove the old connection and then install the edited profile! Any idea?
February 2nd, 2010 12:11am

Hello, Thank you for your post here. From the description, the VPN server address (TunnelAddress) didn't get updated on the client after they install the CMAK package with new "TunnelAddress". To isolate the issue from the CMAK package, you may extract files from the CMAK package and check whether the new VPN server address in listed in the CMS file. To do that: 1. Open the command prompt and CD to the location of the CMAK package. 2. Use /c parameter to extract files to a path. 3. Check whether the "TunnelAddress" attribute has the correct VPN server address. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 2nd, 2010 11:42am

Thanks for your reply; As you said the "TunnelAddress" filed of the CMS file still refers to the previous address. Now how can i repackage the extracted CMAK package to a installable .exe file? Thanks
February 2nd, 2010 3:27pm

Any idea? Thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 4th, 2010 9:08pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics