A lot of weird bugs in my release preview.

As you can see in the image above, since I make he switch from Win8 to 8.1 version which was released yesterday, I've been facing this weird bug that hasn't plans of disappearing I guess.

The blank square it's suppose to display options like the volume control, the brightness control, etc, but they all don't display till I put the cursor over the "supposedly shown" options.

That doesn't stay there. See this other image two.

In this one you can see that all of the features presented in the preview shown by Microsoft in its conference: Build 
2013, aren't in mine. It's like I just have the build 9385 instead of 9415. I'm really disappointed with this. It's known is a preview, but mine doesn't have what the preview presented in the Build conferences does have and was set to have.

Also, a friend of mine installed the preview and his is working fine and has everything mine lacks.

The only good thing is that I created a recovery drive because if not, I might be with desires of crashing my laptop cause this beta it's much more like an Alpha than anything!

June 28th, 2013 7:26pm

AA

No images were included

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 28th, 2013 7:43pm

Hi

I had some similar problems when I upgraded with the preview from the store.

I ended up restoring my original Windows 8 and using the 8.1 ISO file to install as a dual boot.

Everything works the way it was designed now, with the clean install, and an extra benefit is that I can switch and compare the new and updated features with the released version.

Regards

June 28th, 2013 11:11pm

Hi,

Have you tried the clean install as Ronnie Vernon said? Whats the result?

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 2nd, 2013 6:08pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics