A database contains a large product catalog that is updated periodically, you need to be able to send the entire product catalog to all branch office.

I am confused by the answer to this MS SQL SERVER question. You are administrating all the deployments of MS SQL Server 2012 in your company. A database contains a large product catalog that is updated periodically. You need to be able to send the entire product catalog to all branch offices on a monthly basis. Which configuration should you use ?

The answer for the above question is

>>

Two servers configured in different data centers, sql server availability group configured in synchronous-commit availability mode. One server configured as an active secondary.

<<

But I think the correct answer should be

>>

SQL Server that includes an application database configured to perform snapshot replication.

<<

September 14th, 2015 11:47pm

That answer has me confused too... I would say the above is OK, but I would use ASync commit mode... Snapshot Replication is wrong in this case because with large data volumes it generates too much overhead and it comes with the problem that during refresh you have no data at all on the destination. (Snapshot repl basically truncates the table and repopulates it from scratch...)
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 14th, 2015 11:57pm

Great, thanks
September 15th, 2015 1:19am

Then of course you also have transactional replication as an option.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 15th, 2015 3:02am

If it is an option in that test question. ;-)

And of course... If you have a primary key on the table... Which is not always a given.

September 15th, 2015 3:04am