ASR Virtual Network

Hey Guys,

I want to setup ASR to my current Azure Subscription.  In this subscription I have already created a Virtual network and there is a DC setup, which talks to the onprem DC via a Site-To-Site Gateway.

When I create the ASR setup, in section 3 "Prepare Resources". Can I skip "Create Azure Virtual Network" inorder that the ASR setup will automatically pickup the Virtual Network that I have already created, which is also holding my Azure DC?

Thanks

Amjad

June 27th, 2015 11:29am

Hello Amjad,

Thanks for posting your questions here!

As I understand you have hosted your on onprem DC on Azure VM via Site-to -Site VPN. In order to configure Azure Site Recovery (ASR) you need to map your virtual network on Microsoft Azure.

Reference link: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/25275.configuring-microsoft-azure-site-recovery.aspx

Best Regards

Sadiqh Ahmed

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 28th, 2015 12:38am

Hi,

Thanks for the post, but to be honest, it is a very outdated article (27th July 2014).

Infact ASR is progessing and improving/changing so fast that even your recent article is out of date:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/documentation/articles/site-recovery-vmm-to-azure/

Can you answer the specific question please:

When I create the ASR setup, in section 3 "Prepare Resources". Can I skip "Create Azure Virtual Network" inorder that the ASR setup will automatically pickup the Virtual Network that I have already created, which is also holding my Azure DC?

Section 3: Taken from the main link within the Azure Portal when configuring ASR.

I'm going to be doing a lot of testing today, so if you are not sure, I will play with it today to find out

Thanks

Amjad

June 28th, 2015 2:19am

ok, after testing I have found the answer myself.

Once you have protected the VM machine. You have two options "Failover" or "Test Failover"

When you go for one of these options, on the next screen you can choose which network to failover to.

I can simply choose the network where my Azure DC VM is located or if I would like to do a quick test, I can choose to failover to no network

Cheers

Amjad

• Marked as answer by Azure-Amjad 22 hours 59 minutes ago
June 29th, 2015 4:17am

Once you have protected the VM machine. You have two options "Failover" or "Test Failover"

When you go for one of these options, on the next screen you can choose which network to failover to.

I can simply choose the network where my Azure DC VM is located or if I would like to do a quick test, I can choose to failover to no network

Cheers

Amjad

• Marked as answer by Azure-Amjad 22 hours 55 minutes ago
June 29th, 2015 4:19am

Cheers

Amjad

• Marked as answer by Azure-Amjad Monday, June 29, 2015 8:17 AM
June 29th, 2015 8:17am

Cheers

Amjad

Cheers

Amjad

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics