ALternate Hostmane authentication problem server 2003
Hi, I am in the process of replacing a server and an old system that was running on the old server is being transferred to this new server. In order for the old system to work it needs to be able to resolve the hostname of the old server and have this point to the new server. So I created the relevant record in my DNS and all seemed well, if i ping the old hostname i get the IP address of my new server, excellent. Problem is if i try to browse to the shares via \\hostname it asks me to authenticate and even if I enter the details correctly I get nowhere. So I removed the DNS entry and set up the relevant records in my hosts file (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) thinking this would resolve the issue but the problem still persists. (ping ok but can;t browse, even after a fluhdns) have also rebooted the server Thee must be something quite simple that I am missing but I can't work it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated server is 2003 standard acting as a PDC with Exhcnage 2007, running DNS, DHCP
January 27th, 2011 9:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics