AD mmc management console has problem opening with run as account
Could you assist having problem with login to the runas account even thou the normal account work but with limited writes to to the ad management console rei-installed the adminpak and re-installed the .Net framework 2.0 Sp2 / 3.0 Sp2 / 3.5 Sp1 / 4.0 Client Profile / and 4 Extended Note: I am trying to run the console on a workstation When logging on with a runas account just bombs out while using a normal ad account it does login thou with writes to edit the user accounts. Downloaded and re-installed Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Pack but still no luck, will not open when using runas account but opens with a normal account but cannot edit the computer and user account in AD. Will not even open the console when using run as acount. No not with SCOM just the client side mmc to connect to AD user and computer console...
January 12th, 2013 7:23am

Can you please post workstation OS version. Is it XP or Win7 or someother?Regards, Ravikumar P
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 12th, 2013 7:30am

Win XP Pro V2 with SP3...
January 12th, 2013 7:34am

Open services console and check whether "Secondary Logon" service is in running state or not? If not please start it and check "run as" option Regards, Ravikumar P
January 12th, 2013 7:56am

Just login to the pc and tried to launch the mmc but problem came back again I the checked the Secondary Logon again it's running and it's in Auto what would be the issue here because it worked the last time I logon to the workstation.
January 16th, 2013 10:36am

I don't know if this might help I logon with local administrator account and could run the runas account on the mmc I then tried again with just a normal user account and logon to the domain the tried runas account also using a secondary account but it does not work any advise what this might be also now I could see it's pointing to the domain controller but other accounts with same credentials work fine on other machine and my secondary and user account work fine on another PC just want to ascertain what axactly is coursing this on is it a setting that was changed on the machine or is it something that has been applied on the domain to the computer account?
January 16th, 2013 12:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics