AD connection drops.....
Hello Everyone, I've got an issue I hope someone has a fix for... I'll be as specific as I can. I've got a site setup with headquarters and a bunch of remote sites. These sites are connected via DS3 lines, and crypto gear... I have one domain... Headquarters has a couple of DC controllers, and the remote sites have one DC controller and a second server. The servers are all running Windows 2003 Ent, SP1. Periodically, a DS3 will go down for an indeterminant amount of time.. The remote server loses it's connection to the DC server at headquarters and stops talking to the main DC servers... The only way to get the remote server back to talking on the domain is to remotely connect to it and reboot it. This is happening consistently at all remote sites. Does anyone know of a way to make the remote servers not give up on retrying to make a re-connection to HQ when the line goes back up? Thanks! ...Joe
July 26th, 2007 10:03pm

Will it fix the problem if you just ping the server or do you need to reboot? If just ping is sufficient, as the server just needs to "open" the connection I'd schedule your server to ping the DC every 15 minutes or something like that. If that doesn't help I'd suggest you post in the 2003-forum, which you can find here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 28th, 2007 7:06pm

Hi Joachim!Thanks for the reply!No, I can ping the DC server just fine.. but it "acts" like it's off the domain.. and the event log is complaining that replication cannot happen.... Then if I reboot, all is well again. It's really weird and I HAVE to find a fix...Thanks,...Joe
July 29th, 2007 6:05am

Do you require encrypted communication between your DC's or is it just a standard setup? I'd recommend the 2003-link I posted to you before if you haven't solved it yet.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 15th, 2007 9:44am

Hello, Yes, I must have encrypted comms between servers. I was wondering if that might be an issue. I've got windows doing encryption, and I've also got KIV crypto gear between end points..... I'm heading out to site on Monday so I'll get first hand experience with the problem. I also posted to the other link you sent... Thanks, ...Joe
August 15th, 2007 9:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics