AD RMS and SqlServer 2008 Dev Edition Compatibility Issue
Hi All,I am trying to Install AD RMS Service & Sql Server 2008 Developer Edition(Nov CTP) on Windows Server 2008 RC1. I am unable to Install both togetheron the same machine. I am able to Install both on separate machine.First I Installed Active Directory Domain Services & Active Directory RMSServices after that I tried to Install Sql-Server 2008 on the same machineit was failed.After that I Installed Sql-Server 2008 first and then Installed ActiveDirectory Domain Services It was installed successfully after that I amtrying to Install Active Directory RMS Service I am unable to Install ADRMS because It is asking for a user under "Active Directory RMS ServiceGroup" for running the AD RMS but this group is not presents into usergroup list. I had created manually but still It says the can not haveaccess permissions to brows Active Directory Services.Please Look into this problem whether there is any compatibility Issuewith Sql2008 Dev Edition and AD RMS or I am missing some steps.With ThanksAditya
February 19th, 2008 4:07pm

The steps I would try would be to: 1. Build the server with your OS install. 2. Install Active Directory Services. 3. Install SQL. 4. Install Active Directory RMS. If you install SQL before you install AD, then you have to deal with the renaming of a SQL server and setting up the propper group membership for access to SQL - it has been difficult in previous versions of SQL... If you install RMS before SQL, you have a difficulty in that RMS depends on SQL... Also, I am not certain in SQL 2008 is supported. So, you might have some difficulty there. Hope that helps,
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 19th, 2008 8:41pm

Thanks for advise I will try in this way also.
February 21st, 2008 3:47pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics