AD RMS
Apologies ! Could solve my problems thanks to answer above ! Careens
September 19th, 2011 7:14pm

Hello, Im am new to AD RMS. I would like to use AD RMS for Exchange. I am sticking here with the same problem over and over again. I installed windows 2008R2 in a virtualized lab environment. I created a self signed certificate during the installation. Thanks for any help in advance ! Careen and I am getting this error messages: <Informational>: This server might need to be restarted after the installation completes. Active Directory Rights Management Services Cluster Type Licensing-only cluster Trust Hierarchy Production Configuration Database Server Windows Internal Database Service Account LOCAL\AD_RMSService Cluster Key Storage AD RMS centrally managed key storage Cluster Web Site Default Web Site Cluster Internal Address https://rms.local.com:443/ SSL Certificate C1C123938C49E06D0DF67ADCCAF264CB705D29DB Licensor Certificate Name RMS Active Directory Rights Management Services: Installation succeeded with errors <Error>: Attempt to configure Active Directory Rights Management Server failed. The AD RMS installation could not determine the certificate hierarchy. If the AD RMS service connection point (SCP) you need to use is registered in Active Directory but is not valid, revise it to make it valid, or create a new SCP, and install AD RMS again. at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.LicensingServerSelfEnrollment.DecideCertificateHierarchy() at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.CertificationServerSelfEnrollment.Enroll(EnrolleeServerInformation enrolleeInformation, EnrolleeRevocationInformation revocationInformation, String certificateDisplayName, String cspName, String keyContainerName) at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisioningBase.Enroll() at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisioningBase.Run() at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisionerBase.DoProvision() at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisionerHelper.Run(OperationType operationType, Object data) at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.CmdLineHandler.Run() Remove and re-install AD RMS to attempt provisioning again. <Warning>: Before you can administer AD RMS on this server, you must log off and log on again. The following role services were installed: Active Directory Rights Management Server Please refer to the full log at: 'C:\Users\AD_RMS\AppData\Local\Temp\ServerManager.log'
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 19th, 2011 8:27pm

The certificate should be issued from a trusted root certification authority. Do you have certificate services configured in the A.D. If so install the certificate to AD RMS from the certification authority;or else create an active directory certifcate services for active directory domain.If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer". MCSE,MSCITP-EA
September 19th, 2011 11:18pm

Thanks for your help ! I have a hickup with understanding Certificates. .. Sorry... I did not want to spend money for a test environment . If I install the Active Directory Certificate Services ... where is the best place ? ( with AD RMS- on my domain controller) and does this replace a certificate from a trusted root certification authority ? ... thanks again ....
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 19th, 2011 11:54pm

AD RMS related issues should be posted here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/rms/threadshttp://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
September 20th, 2011 1:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics