AD CS - create a certificate without the wizard?
I am trying to make another certificate, but since the role has been installed I cannot get back to the wizard. Is there a way to launch the wizard again?Searches do not give me any information - they all assume you are installing the role.
November 30th, 2008 10:25pm

You are not specific enough in your question.1) Is it a root CA or a subordinate CA?2) Do you wish to use the same subject name or a different subject name?- If it is a root CA, and you wish to keep the same subject name, then you can simply renew the CA certificate (and choose whether to use the same key or a new key.- If it is a subordinate CA certificate, and you wish to keep the same subject name, then you can renew the CA certificate (choose whether to use the same key pair or a new key pair) and submit the request to a parent CA.If you have made a mistake in the subject name, or wish to change it, the only recourse is to remove the role and then re-add the role. It has been this way since the first implementation of Certificate Services in Windows (and pretty much any CA product).Brian
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 1st, 2008 7:01pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics