AD 2008 Login Scripts not running

Hello,

I have a simple script that we run on each users account in AD on the profile tab. The script just runs a .bat file that executes a script to manage users outlook signatures. Everything was working great on this script until we added a Windows Server 2008 r2 Domain Controller into the existing network which is running Server 2003 AD.

To verify the logon script is not working I tried just having the script mad a drive on the users machine.

I can verify the script for .bat file is good because currently we are just running it manually.

Not sure where to go from here on resolving this issue. Here is a list of things I have tried.

1. Checked event viewer for any replication errors. Found none.

2. Confirmed that the NETLOGON and SYSVOL folders are on all 3 domain controllers. Also checked and made sure the same permission were listed on  both folders.

3. Tried manually adding the .bat file to the NETLOGON and SYSVOL folders and no change.

I have notices in the SYSVOL folder, under my domain, there is the file listed that I need to run. However it is not in the scripts folder.

Not sure where to go from here on trying to resolve this. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

August 21st, 2015 2:37pm

What does the script do?

Do you store the script on the sysvol?

does it interact with group policy at all?

When you stood up the 2008 R2 DC you ran ADPREP /forest/domain/rodc prep?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 21st, 2015 3:16pm

Hi,

I would suggest copy that script to Net logon folder. If required create or redirect the output of script to .txt or .log which will help you understand if script is running or not

August 22nd, 2015 6:24am

Please check your SYSVOL replication filters: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/29170.how-to-update-sysvol-replication-filters.aspx

Maybe it helps.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 22nd, 2015 4:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics