ADUC Scripting
Hello experts! I'm hoping this can be accomplished, so here goes... Currently we have commands in the Notes attribute in User's AD accounts that will do things like set up a printer (ptr "share name"), set a default printer (sdp "share name"), and create a shortcut on a user's desktop (csc "path to shortcut", "name of shortcut", "shortcut's target", "icon", "working folder"). This works great when creating a shortcut to a network share because "folder" in the "icon" place will create a shortcut to the network share with a folder icon on the user's desktop. However, I'm trying to create an internet shortcut (it's a shortcut to a Sharepoint site) using this method, but I cannot get the IE icon to show. Anything other than "folder" will show the default icon Windows uses when it doesn't know what program to use. So, I scrapped that idea and created a logon script to create a shortcut with the Sharepoint icon. The script works fine if you run it, but I cannot figure out how to get it to run from the Notes attribute in the AD account. I know, I know, it would be so much easier just to run it from the NETLOGON folder on the Domain Controller or using Group Policy, but I'm just a local tech and don't have access to either of those, so I'm looking for a workaround. Getting someone above me to do it would be like pulling teeth. Either it can't be done, or I'm not using the proper syntax for it to work. Thanks in advance for your input!
August 14th, 2012 2:40pm

Hi, Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums. Regarding Scripting issue, I suggest we seek help in our script forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ITCG/ There you can get more effective suggestion by other experts who familiar with this topic. Your understanding is appreciated. Regards Kevin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 16th, 2012 11:59pm

Hi, Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums. Regarding Scripting issue, I suggest we seek help in our script forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ITCG/ There you can get more effective suggestion by other experts who familiar with this topic. Your understanding is appreciated. Regards Kevin
August 17th, 2012 12:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics