ADTD Tool Fails to Run

I am trying to run the ADTD on a Domain that is in a separate forest from ours and no trusts established.  Thus I have access onto their DC and am running the tool from there.  I have run the tool on server 2003 and 2008r2 with no issues but on this DC it give me the following error:  "Unhanded exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignor this error and attempt to continue.  If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.  The type initializer for "ADTD.Draw" threw an exception."   Whether I click on Continue or not it will just stop and but me back to the main screen.  

One thing that I did notice was that the OS that is running on the DC is  Windows Server Standard FE.  This OS is a washed down version of say 2008r2.  Is the ADTD compatible with this version

July 20th, 2015 2:03pm

The ADTD tool needs to have access to Visio to run, You do not need it on a DC to run, you can run it from a workstation. Have you tried running it from a workstation on your domain with Visio installed?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 20th, 2015 3:09pm

We don't have access to the domain in question from my domain. Its a domain on a separate forest and we have no established Trusts between the 2 forests. I will try an locate a local user who may have Visio installed and try it from there. This will take me a few days to do. Update to follow.
July 20th, 2015 3:27pm

Hello,

You can check that you have dot net frame work 3.5 and above installed on Dc. 

July 20th, 2015 4:23pm

The link below tells you how the tool works, this may be useful as you troubleshoot between forests.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755326%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

July 20th, 2015 6:04pm

Hi dvua,

Is there any updatas for your issue?

Have your solved the problem?

Look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

July 26th, 2015 10:58pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics