ADPREP.exe cannot be found
I have virtualized windows server 2008 R2 and I want to build secondary DC so I naturally have to run ADPREP.exe before installing. I cannot find the command line tool on the VM. Am I S.O.L?
June 11th, 2012 4:30pm

It should be on the Windows Server 2008 R2 installation disk in the \support\adprep folder. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 11th, 2012 5:43pm

\Support\Adprep is not under C:\. The VM was created from an ISO that I downloaded hence no disk.
June 11th, 2012 6:30pm

I just mounted an ISO and verified it is there in \Support\Adprep directory. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
June 11th, 2012 6:38pm

Is it under some hidden disk partition? I am getting "The system cannot find the path specified." every time.
June 11th, 2012 6:58pm

You're looking on mounted ISO correct? Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
June 11th, 2012 7:00pm

I got it now. Didn't know that you had to mount the ISO.
June 11th, 2012 10:59pm

Good to hear. You're welcome. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
June 11th, 2012 11:01pm

Thanks
June 11th, 2012 11:05pm

Hi, Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums. In Windows Server 2008 R2, Adprep.exe is located in the \Support\Adprep folder of the operating system disk. This article might be useful to you: Running Adprep.exe http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd464018(v=ws.10).aspx Regards Kevin TechNet Community Support
June 12th, 2012 3:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics