ADFS 2012 R2 MP for SCOM 2012
Is there a magic trick to discover ADFS 2012R2 servers in SCOM 2012, I have downloaded the ADFS 2012 R2 MP from the catalog, but no matter what I have tried, the server does not show in state view, I can see the event logs on ADFS server that it is discovering certs, rules and Event ID 999 is getting created under SCOM events, but server doesn't show up, does any one have a
February 6th, 2014 8:53pm

Try to disable TCP\IPv6 on ADFS server, you can also refer to below link

http://scug.be/christopher/2012/03/07/opsmgr-scom-adfs-2-0-mp-discovery-issue/

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 7th, 2014 2:49am

Also restart the health service for a test.
February 9th, 2014 6:14pm

Hello Niki and Mai,

I have already followed those steps that both of you guys have pointed out, but still no luck, any other ideas...?

February 10th, 2014 5:45pm

Any answer to this? I'm having the exact same problem.

Thank you

February 18th, 2014 7:20pm

Is the agent proxy enabled ?

• Proposed as answer by ScottMSFT Monday, February 24, 2014 6:49 PM
  • Unproposed as answer by ScottMSFT Monday, February 24, 2014 6:49 PM
  • Edited by ScottMSFT Monday, February 24, 2014 6:50 PM
February 24th, 2014 9:48pm

Yes, Agent Proxy is enabled, IPV6 disabled per link, I've stopped services deleted everything in the Health monitoring folder and started services.  I too see events happening for example 'starting artifact service discovery' but nothing shows up in SCOM 2012.
February 27th, 2014 6:23pm

I just upgraded SCOM to R2 level with all updates, and still ADFS MP not picking server, I narrowed it down in discovery to see if it is even seeing the server, and it is but I have a blank green circle, it has been long time with no answer from any one.

March 17th, 2014 7:11pm

I am also having the same problem. Disabled IPv6, enabled II6 metabase compatability, etc. The Federation Server Seed is discovered and the scripts appear to be running normally. Older ADFS 2.0 MP still works fine and discovers those servers without a problem.
April 24th, 2014 9:42pm

Hi,

There is an issue with this, not sure if its related with ADFS R2 Version or MP on SCOM,

Try to disable the following endpoints on ADFS management console:

- Oauth

- SAML Artifact Resolution

Then restart adfs services, this is not a solution, its more like a workaround because you might need those endpoint in your business.

May 8th, 2014 12:36pm

Hi,

There is an issue with this, not sure if its related with ADFS R2 Version or MP on SCOM,

Try to disable the following endpoints on ADFS management console:

- Oauth

- SAML Artifact Resolution

Then restart adfs services, this is not a solution, its more like a workaround because you might need those endpoint in your business.

Found this as well, have a look http://blogs.technet.com/b/omx/archive/2014/05/07/discovery-does-not-work-in-adfs-2012-r2-mp.aspx

• Proposed as answer by Simon PT Thursday, May 08, 2014 5:00 PM
May 8th, 2014 12:48pm

I had this issue and it was due to the my DNS suffices order being wrong. We have several child domains, I had the child domain listed first in the order. Once I put its parent domain first it came up fine.
January 28th, 2015 11:27pm

I had this issue and it was due to the my DNS suffices order being wrong. We have several child domains, I had the child domain listed first in the order. Once I put its parent domain first it came up fine.

This behavior is fixed on the latest ADFS MP version.

Regards

January 29th, 2015 12:35am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics