ADFS 2.0 and 3.0 side by side

Hi all

I've got a question regarding ADFS 2.0 and 3.0 coexistence. 

Can I install a completely seperate ADFS 3.0 farm in a domain/forest where a separate ADFS 2.0 farm already exists and is working?

My plan is the following:

1.) Install ADFS 3.0 into a new Server farm on a new SQL database instance and a new server farm name. E.g. the current server farm name is sts.x.y.com and the new one will be sts3.x.y.com 

2.) Recreate the Relying party trusts on the new server.We don't have many and we can cut them over one by one in conjunction with the service provider.

This will allow us to provide ADFS services to 3rd party software that doesn't support ADFS 3.0 whilst enabling us to support services that require ADFS 3.0 such as WAP etc.

My question is whether or not this is actually possible? I can't find anything that definitively says yes or no either way. Can someone point me in the direction of some documentation regarding this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Peter 

February 16th, 2015 5:00am

I do not see a problem with that.

However, I would recommend asking them here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=Geneva

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 16th, 2015 5:03am

Hi,

Stand up 3.0 farm different SQL, then gradually migrate RPs and configurations. That should work, but there is no easy transition.

Regards,

Calin

February 16th, 2015 5:09am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics