ADCS RPC Server Unavailable in MMC
Hi All!Here's a nice one...I have installed quite a fewADCS 2008 installations, but this one isa cracker...Its a single server installation in aWindows 2003 domain, I am using an nCipher nShield HSM which seems to be working perfectly.I install ADCS and use the nCipher CSP, no issues.Whenthe installation is complete, Irun the CA MMC.The MMC Starts, but under Revoked, Issued, Pending and Failed requests I get:"RPC Serveris unavailable 0x80006ba WIN32(1722)"I have no idea why this is happening. Someone I spoke to suggested that I have a look at "Certsrv Requests" under component services, but I see by default no one has access to it.Anyone have any ideas?Thanks!CISSP, W-CSE, nCSE, MCSE:Security/Messaging, MCTS: Vista, SQL 2005, ISA 2006
October 24th, 2008 6:36pm

I don't know if your still having this problem but just in case you are or someone else is, I had a similar issue.....It turned out that the CA service couldn't start because the Interactive Services Detection service was disabled. This service allows the nCipher CSP to interact with the desktop and prompt for the OCS. Without the OCS being loaded the CA service wouldn't start.Once all services were up and the OCS loaded everything worked a treat.CheersChris
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 7th, 2009 8:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics