ACTIVE DIRECTORY 2003 RESTORATION
MY DOMAIN SERVER DOWN DUE TO HARDWARE FAILURE AND O/S ALSO CORUPTED, SO I REINSTALLED THE DC. BUT NOW I WANT TO RESTORE MY ACTIVE DIRECTORY FROM MY SYSTEM STATE BACKUP HOW I CAN DO THIS. I CONFIGURED THE SAME DNS AS I WAS PREVIOUSE. PLEASE HELP ME
December 22nd, 2010 6:32am

Hello, please see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc778772(WS.10).aspxBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 22nd, 2010 7:18am

It is highly recommended to also backup C: drive, not SystemState alone. I would recover by 1. restoring AD from SystemState (start -> run -> ntbackup) and 2. replicating AD to another DC after that.MCITP: Enterprise Administrator; MCT; Microsoft Security Trusted Advisor
December 22nd, 2010 12:55pm

Hi, How many domain controllers in your environment ? have you set trust with other domains? The link that Meinolf posted should help you to achieve the goal. Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 23rd, 2010 12:37am

only one domain controller in my invironment
December 25th, 2010 5:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics