997 correlating for outbound EDI

I am sending 850 out to different trading partners and receiving 997 from them. I need to correlate them for tracking.

I like to know is there out of box functionality for this under "EDI Interchange and correlate ack status" or do I need to do some custom development like keep track of each order number and control number for outbound message  in some table and then do similar for 997 inbound message ?

Please guide me to achieve this? 

August 24th, 2015 6:57pm

If you just want to correlate the 997 and original Interchange, BizTalk does that out of the box.

If you need to correlate individual order numbers, that's a different thing and you would need to do that custom.

So, while it sounds nice, almost no one actually does this.  It's a lot of work for relatively little value as there are other ways to handle such exceptions, almost always administratively.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2015 9:57pm

It's depends on what do you want to do with the received 997 file, If you want to  do some reconciliation with 997 received, you can map received 997 to your Table structure and store it for reconciliation.

Map can be associated either in the receive port or send port.

997 File Schema is present in Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.BaseArtifacts.dll

Another option will be to subscribe to 997 message in orchestration and have your custom process implemented.

There is no out-Of-Box BizTalk facility to update DB about 997 status.

You can achieve it by writing a Orchestration which subscribe to incoming 997 and update the DB based on its status.

August 24th, 2015 10:31pm

Hi Dnyanbhar,

You can enable the EDI status reporting on the Trading Partner Management.

you can run the query on  Admin console and see what are all 850 you have received the 997.

Thanks&Regards,

Ammu.

August 25th, 2015 12:36am

Yes I want it per interchange . Can you make me walk through on configuration or setup.

I select 997 expected for outbound. Now I received 997, so what I should do so that incoming 997 will correlate to interchange?

I mean do I need to do something special to see acknowledgement for corresponding 850 under 

EDI Interchange and  correlated Ack status ?

August 25th, 2015 12:10pm

It it's just Interchange to 997 tracking, then on the General tab of the Agreement, check Turn ON reporting and optionally Store message payload for reporting.
  • Marked as answer by dnyanbhar 13 hours 11 minutes ago
August 25th, 2015 1:49pm

It it's just Interchange to 997 tracking, then on the General tab of the Agreement, check Turn ON reporting and optionally Store message payload for reporting.
  • Marked as answer by dnyanbhar Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:53 PM
August 25th, 2015 5:43pm

• Marked as answer by dnyanbhar Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:53 PM
August 25th, 2015 5:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics