802.11X Authentication problems - how to troubleshoot?
So basically I have set up 802.11X (enterprise WPA2 AES) security on my wireless connection. But the problem is... sometimes computers can connect, and sometimes not. As it stands right now, both the DC and the one laptop which uses wireless seems to able to connect without problems. On the laptop with users and admins works. However, I also have a smartphone which is configured to connect to it. But even though the credentials (and AFAIK, the settings) are correct, it will cannot connect. And I know it has worked before. Only the password to a user account has changed since before it worked. And even though I've inputted the correct password, it still refuses to connect. So is there any way to see why it's failing? Or if you have any ideas as to why... Anything would be appreciated. EDIT: Silly me. I found something. The logs in the server manager showed "informational" messages when users were denied. So it did turn out the password was wrong, for some reason...
June 3rd, 2011 11:02pm

Hi Natsuki, Thank you for your post. You found the log for the authenticate failed, so the issue resolved? I give you these suggestions to troubleshooting: 1.Check server NPS role event log to analyze. 2.Trace NPS log that will save to Windows\tracing directory\ IASSAM.log. Trace start, netsh ras set tr * en Trace stop, netsh ras set tr * dis 3.Use Netmon3.4 to capture network packet. If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know. Regards, Rick Tan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 7th, 2011 10:04am

Yes, I found the problem. Though interestingly, it is still kind of a work/not work deal. I tried joining a new computer to the network only recently and it kept erroring on "username or password incorrect." I tried two users, whose username and passwords were correct, but I still got username or password incorrect in the logs. So I joined the computer to the domain, rebooted, and all worked fine.
June 7th, 2011 12:21pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics