5 clients connecting to DHCP server to get automatic IP
Hello, my task requires creating 5 clients and connect them to my local server and create a DHCP server and connect those clients so they can get automatic IP addresses. can some one give me full demonstration.please..i am really newbe
September 30th, 2010 8:36pm

Hello dxhah786, This is a very vague, generic question. Is the DHCP going to be a Windows Server? Is this for exam task or are you trying to set up a small network with Internet access, etc? here's the basic steps: 1. Configure your DHCP Server 2. Set up 5 DHCP Clients On the Start Menu , select Settings --> Control Panel . Double-click Network and select the Protocols tab. Select TCP/IP Protocol and select the Properties button. On the IP Address tab, select the Obtain an IP address from a DHCP server radio button. Select OK . 3. Connect server and workstations to a switch Miguel Fra / Falcon ITS Computer & Network Support, Miami, FL Visit our Knowledgebase Sharepoint Site
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 30th, 2010 8:55pm

its a lab task. where i am sitting on a virtual windows server 2008 (windows XP on background). and after creating the DHCP servers and users i need to connect the server i created, from another computer of my network, it will get IP addresses from my server. with that user name i created for DHCP. any suggesition?
September 30th, 2010 9:24pm

For people to help you most effectively, you'll need to provide more details as to the network design that you are working with. From what I can gather, your 2008 Server is virtualized and running DHCP. Where are the clients? Are they also virtual guests? On the same host or are the guests on other systems? Is Active Directory involved in this design? DHCP Server has been authorized? Scope has been created? As you can see, there are alot of specific questions needed to be answered to help you. at this moment, more informaiton from you is needed. Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 30th, 2010 10:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics