2012 R2 msi deployment package error code 2755?

So I have 2012 r2 running in vmware workstation and I have a problem using GPO deployment and even just installing an MSI program.

When I try to create a new GPO software installation, it returns this: "Add operation failed. Unable to extract deployment information from the package. Run validation on the package to ensure that the package is correct."

When I try installing the msi onto the server it gives me this error: "THe installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2755."

August 31st, 2015 1:25pm

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

It seems that user does not have enough permission to open and add the MSI to the GPO. Please ensure that the user has full rights on the network share folder where the MSI package is located.

Here is the similar thread, you may refer to.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/f4e8bde1-8da4-4dd6-93da-cb0476a67d5d/gpo-add-operation-failed-unable-to-extract-deployment-information

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 1st, 2015 2:48am

The user should have enough permissions because I am logged into the server as the default administrator account.

But I also get this error right after I click the msi package to add.

"Cannot verify path is a network location. If this package is not available from a network share, clients will not be able to install it. Are you sure you want to deploy this package using this path?"

The folder is shared correctly as I can view/use the msi file from a client computer in the domain.

September 1st, 2015 11:15am

Hi,

May I ask  is the default administrator account the local administrator account or domain administrator ?

You'll need to specify the UNC to the MSI. Also you need to give read permissions to Authenticated Users at share/NTFS level (used by the computer account to access the MSI).

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 1st, 2015 9:31pm

The account is a member of: Administrators, Domain Admins, Domain Users, Enterprise Admins, Group Policy Creator Owners, and Schema Admins.
September 2nd, 2015 2:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics