2012R2 RDS 2 session limit - what am I missing

I have a 2012R2 Standard install.

Added the RDS roles. This server is licensing, broker, web access and session host.

License server is activated and has 12 RDS Per-User licenses installed.

I have 1 collection, which is just RDP to this server: (pic to follow)

Everything looks like its working. I downloaded the RDP file from the rdweb site. If I connect via a Win 7 box, I see the "connected to remoteapp and desktop connections" popup.

I see in the license server that it has issued 4 of the 12 licenses (which is correct for now): (pic to follow)

config: (pic to follow)

But when the 3rd person tries to connect, it just hangs in "securing remote connection" and never connects (doesn't give the "which user to bounce" message either).

I tried spinning up another session host temporarily. Same deal - I could see up to 2 people connected to it, but the 3rd just hung. I even added the connection broker/rdweb roles and only used the license server from this existing server (thinking this might be a connection broker issue).

Any ideas?

• Edited by BWCMS 7 hours 13 minutes ago
August 19th, 2015 7:48pm

Do you have any errors in the event log? I have seen where license manager does not always register properly even though it shows all good you can specify the server and license type in computer policy like this link to see if that helps.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 20th, 2015 12:48am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics