2008 r2 - Remove Logoff doesn't work?

I enable remove logoff in gp but it doesn't work. see pic . I haven't logged off and back on again

June 26th, 2015 1:35pm

Hello

its not enough information

please run gpupdate /force and after rsop.msc and check report.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 27th, 2015 5:55am

> I enable remove logoff in gp but it doesn't work. see pic . I haven't > logged off and back on again   This setting will not be effective unless you either logoff/logon or kill/restart explorer.exe...  
June 29th, 2015 7:43am

killing explorer.exe and restarting explorer.exe did not remove the logoff button. i'll schedule a reboot sometime this week.
June 29th, 2015 3:05pm

ran gpupdate and gpresult /h

June 29th, 2015 3:11pm

I rebooted the server and the logoff button is still on the start menu
June 29th, 2015 10:16pm

> I rebooted the server and the logoff button is still on the start menu   Then verify if your GPO is applied at all. I suspect "no, it isn't".  
June 30th, 2015 11:43am

Hi Martin,

I already replied to an earlier post showing that gpresult shows the setting is enabled and is the winning gpo.

July 1st, 2015 6:08pm

> I already replied to an earlier post showing that gpresult shows the > setting is enabled and is the winning gpo.   Beg your pardon - I missed that... I'm following this forum through Thunderbird which (by default) doesn't display images :()   When I enable this setting on my W7 workstation, "Logoff" is unavailable. Immediately, without logging off/on or restarting.   Could you check this registry value:   HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer: StartMenulogoff   Should be 0x1.  
July 2nd, 2015 4:00am

The key is set to 0x1. This is the second 2008 r2 server I seen this issue occur. Both running on Hyper-v 2008.

July 2nd, 2015 11:48am

> The key is set to 0x1. This is the second 2008 r2 server I seen this > issue occur. Both running on Hyper-v 2008.   Verified.   In order to remove "Logoff", you also have to change the "default action". Can be done via GPP "Start Menu" or http://gpsearch.azurewebsites.net/#4672. Unless you don't do so, Logoff will remain to be the default action and will not be removed.   On Client SKUs, Shutdown is the default action, so "Remove logoff" immediately works there :)  
July 2nd, 2015 12:27pm

I changed "Change Start Menu power button"  to set Restart as the default action.  However, the logoff button still remains on the start menu.  I confirmed the registry key was set correctly.  I haven't restarted the server yet tho. 

July 2nd, 2015 2:09pm

I restarted the server and the logoff button is still there.
July 2nd, 2015 7:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics