2008 Server Network Computers Freeze everynight at the same time
I am running a 2008 standard server, with Verizon DSL ,and DHCP setup. Primary DNS is to the server, and the secondary is to the DSL router. DSL router is bridged to a Linksys wireless router. 2 Windows 7 Professional 4 XP professional computers The problem that I am facing is that every night at appox 7:15pm all my computers freeze and hang for up to 10 - 15 mins sometimes needing to be reset. I have disabled the Norton Antivirus firewall, and have verified there are no scans running during that time. I have also verified sleep and hibernate are both disabled on all the local machines. When I check the Event logs, I don't see any errors or delays that would indicate why this is happening. Could DHCP IP address renewal process cause this, or could an incorrect DNS cause this. I relatively new to 2008 server and unsure what else to check. Any help would be appreciated.
October 26th, 2010 10:11am

Hello, this belongs to the DNS setting on the NIC, especially if the server is a domain controller? then you have only to use domain internal DNS servers oin the NIC and configure the Forwarders to the ISPs DNS server. So please give some more details about the server itself, including an unedited ipconfig /all from the server and a client machine.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 7th, 2010 11:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics