2008 Server & Win 7
Our Windows 7 computers are not synchronizing correctly with our 2008 server. When files are made available offline some files are not showing up on the server. How can this be resolved?
November 11th, 2010 6:20pm

When you say 'some files' does that mean that some files synchonize while other files do not? Can you be more specific please? CheersMiguel Fra / Falcon ITS Computer & Network Support, Miami, FL Visit our Knowledgebase Sharepoint Site
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 11th, 2010 10:02pm

Hello, also post an undited ipconfig /all from the DC/DNS the problem workstation and the server if different from DC/DNS. Any error messages are listed in the event viewer?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
November 12th, 2010 2:29am

Hi, It seems that you have an issue of syncing back the offline files to Windows Server 2008. As I understand, you can make the shared files offline on Windows 7, but after you made some modification, while you re-connected Windows 7 to Windows Server 2008, the shared files were not updated, thus the newly modified files can’t be seen on Windows Server 2008. If I misunderstand, please feel free to let me know. Before going further, I would like to collect more information as well as propose the following suggestions in advance: 1. Is there any specific error message in Sync Center? Please also check the Event Viewer and see if any error is logged. 2. Can other client machines synchronize offline files correctly with Windows Server 2008? If you have Windows XP/Vista client machine in your environment, please make the shared files offline on Windows XP/Vista and see how it synchronizes. This could help us identify whether the issue is related to client side or server side. Alternatively, if you have other Windows Servers in your environment, create a shared folder on another Windows Server to test. 3. Moreover, please check the permissions on the shared folder, make sure that you have enough NTFS permissions. Basically, you should give authenticated users the following rights on the shared folder: l Everyone - Create Folder/Append Data (Apply onto: This Folder Only) l Everyone - List Folder/Read Data (Apply onto: This Folder Only) l Everyone - Read Attributes (Apply onto: This Folder Only) l Everyone - Traverse Folder/Execute File (Apply onto: This Folder Only) More references: If the "Reconnect at logon" option is selected, a network drive that is mapped to a Web share is displayed as a red X after you restart a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 Vista not able to sync back Offline File to Windows 2008 Best Regards DalePlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 12th, 2010 4:35am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics