2008 R2 registry error and unable to install .NET security updates
I have a DFS server running 2008 R2 standard and every 20min or so an error error is generated in the system event log stating; "{Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive (file):'\??\C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS' was corrupted and it has been recovered. Some data might have been lost." I have run the system file checker utility and it comes up with no errors. I have also run chkdsk /r on the system drive which also comes up with no errors. Any idea on how to fix this? I mentioned not being able to install .NET security updates, it's the 2 latest ones (KB983590 & KB2416471). Both fail to install and generate an error entry in the application event log stating; "Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile -- Error 1402. Could not open key: UNKNOWN\Components\D7ECD5C1503CB954C92BC09EFFE295CB\DFC90B5F2B0FFA63D84FD16F6BF37C4B. System error 5. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel." Do you think this is related to the registry error? Any clues on how to fix either issue? Teenage angst has paid of well, now I'm bored and old.
October 29th, 2010 5:34pm

Hi, Please refer to the following article to troubleshoot this issue first: http://www.okino.com/conv/changing_windows_registry_permissions.htm Tim Quan TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 1st, 2010 2:36am

Hi, How are things going? I have not heard back from you in a few days and wanted to check on the status of the issue. Please let me know how things turned out. Tim Quan TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 3rd, 2010 10:26pm

Sorry for slow response, I didn't receive a notification email telling me someone replied then I went on vacation. The article helped, thanks.Teenage angst has paid of well, now I'm bored and old.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 22nd, 2010 5:14pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics