2008 R2 Random Performance Counters Missing
I have a 2008 R2 MSCS cluster. On both physicals it seems that certain performance counters are missing. Other servers with the same OS have the counters showing up under perfmon. For example: Memory - Cache Faults/sec -> * Memory - Pages Output/sec -> * are not present on the two affected servers. But : Memory -> Page Reads/sec -> * Memory -> Page Writes/sec -> * are present. So it seems like only 'some' of the counters are being registered/recorded. After reading 1 blog post, I connected to the 2 servers using EXCTRLST.exe and noticed that "Performance Counters Enabled" was not checked for the ASP.NET entries only... I re-checked these but seems unlikely that was related... the issue still persisted. My question is: 1. Does anyone know why certain performance counters would be missing and others present? (to me it would seem to be an all or nothing thing) 2. How do I re-enable the missing counters? Thanks, Rob
November 17th, 2010 12:37pm

Hi, Please try the following commands to rebuild Performance Counters with elevated privilege: C: CD\windows\system32 LodCtr.exe /S:Backup_Original.INI LodCtr.exe /R:PerfStringBackup.INI For more information, please refer to the following Microsoft KB article and TechNet article: How to manually rebuild Performance Counter Library values http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300956 How to rebuild performance counters on Windows Vista/Server2008/7/Server2008R2 http://blogs.technet.com/b/yongrhee/archive/2009/10/06/how-to-rebuild-performance-counters-on-windows-vista-server2008-7-server2008r2.aspx Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 18th, 2010 1:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics