2008 R2 BareMetal restore

Hi All I have an interesting one that I need help with.

We have a windows 2008 R2 Domain Controller and we are testing a DR situation.

We want to restore the AD server onto another server with diff hardware using bare metal backup restore. The restore is successful and the server boots up without any problem with all the new drivers... etc

The problem im having is that after the reboot DNS DHCP etc works fine but I keep getting AD errors when I try and create users (RID identifier errors) or sometimes I get an errors the domain cant be located although all services are running again DNS is fine etc and no service is stopped (I know this is the owner of all FMSO roles)

What I have found is that the sysvol share is no longer shared and if I try and share it after restart it reverts back

I suspect it may be down to the fact that the current server is using 2 Broadcom NICS in a TEAM with Broadcom Suite 4. The DR server is using Intel Nics and something is interfering with the new NIC bindings.

I have tried various combinations and steps to try and sort this out, after restore configure new nic with correct IP, uninstall all of Broadcom software then configure IP on the new nics, still no joy.

July 4th, 2013 5:33am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics