2008 Foundation Server EULA compliance error.
I am restating this question that I found that relates to my current situation. Installed a server with Windows 2008 Foundation server which is limited to 15 user accounts. I didn't think this would be an issue as we are using it for Terminal Service connections for a remote site. About 5-7 users will access this system at any time. But because the system is on the domain which has about 30 user accounts, we constantly receive a message regarding the EULA only allowing 15 accounts in the domain. Each time someone logs in locally or via remote desktop, the message appears. It has also popped up while just sitting, so I assume their is a time scheduled for it to come up, say every hour. Why would Microsoft create such an issue? The server allows 50 TS connections, but only 15 accounts (again only 5-7 accounts would even be used on this system). Is there a way to disable the message?
August 16th, 2012 1:30pm

Hi Windows Server Foundation have some limits on licensing. If your configuration is not compliance with these limits, you may encounter certain unexpected warning messages just like the one youve seen. Its recommended that you contact the OEM for more details because Server 2008 Foundation is only available on preinstalled server computer via the OEM and some configurations on the server might have been customized. Thanks ZHANG
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 16th, 2012 10:15pm

Hi Windows Server Foundation have some limits on licensing. If your configuration is not compliance with these limits, you may encounter certain unexpected warning messages just like the one youve seen. Its recommended that you contact the OEM for more details because Server 2008 Foundation is only available on preinstalled server computer via the OEM and some configurations on the server might have been customized. Thanks ZHANG
August 16th, 2012 10:24pm

So are you telling me that the OEM can configure this server, with the Microsoft Foundation OS, to disable the error message since there will only be a maximum of 8 to 10 users actually accessing this server? Thanks Frank
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 17th, 2012 9:08am

Hi Frank, I would recommend you to call the Microsoft customer support for licencing related issues. http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/contact-us.aspx Call (800) 426-9400 Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Standard Time Have a look: Similar discussion http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winservergen/thread/221d1564-61ea-45c7-8e2d-97a1ae36fd3b Regards, Rafic If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!
August 17th, 2012 9:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics