2008 File Server - ACL problems
HiI have configured a new 2008 file server & had planned to move the data from the old 203 file server to this new one by using robocopy to move the files (and security permissions). As I have started to configure these I have noticed some strange behaviour with being able to create file & folders.When logging onto the 2008 server as a domain admin, I am not able to create anthing other than a folder anywwhere except My Documents. Once I create a folder and go into it, I am 'sometimes' able to create a number of new files like Text Document, Bitmap Image etc. Very strange as the Local Administrators has Full control on everything, yet does not seem to be able to create new files?Is there a way I can change this behaviour? My robocopy will not run as it needs to create folders and it gets an access denied. This is run as the domain admin that I am logged in as.Any help with file server administration on 2008 server would help me a lot!Thanks.
May 8th, 2008 6:34pm

Hello,I had similar behaviour (not a fileserver) and fix for me was turning off user account control (UAC).br, Jermu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 9th, 2008 12:20pm

HiThanks for your reply. I have just tried disabling the UAC: Run all administrators in admin approved mode. This has now resolved the problems and returned it to how I would expect NTFS permissions and ACLs to behave!Thanks
May 9th, 2008 1:28pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics